Player speed controls
With player speed controls, you can speed up or slow down the playback of video and audio content according to your preference. Currently, this feature is available on the web and iOS and Android mobile apps.
To open the speed control menu on the web, tap on the gear icon in the lower right corner of the video player. On mobile devices, tap the "..." icon in the top right corner of the video player. Under the Speed menu, you can select different values for playback speed.
- 0.5x- 0.5 times slower than normal speed
- 0.75x- 0.75 times slower than normal speed
- Normal- Default Speed
- 1.25x- 1.25 times faster than normal speed
- 1.5x- 1.5 times faster than normal speed
- 2x- 2 times faster than normal speed
⚠️Note: Both video and audio will be adjusted for all speed preferences.
Speed can be adjusted at any time before and during playback. You can modify the playback speed by clicking the gear icon in the player or using the Vimeo Player API. Currently, keyboard shortcuts are not available.