How do I Chromecast from the Android app?
Note: At this time, we do not support Chromecast devices that some TVs have built-in. While it may work, our player is not developed to support this and we cannot troubleshoot any issues that may arise. Only external Chromecast devices are officially supported. While there is no comprehensive list of supported and unsupported models, if you provide the model number to our Support team, we are happy to check for you.
- Launch the Android app and open a video. Tap the screen so that the player controls appear. If you see the Chromecast icon in the lower right of the screen, you will be able to Chromecast the video.
- Tap the desired destination in the menu that appears. This will start the Chromecasting.
- Once you are successfully Chromecasting, the video will appear on the connected TV screen. On your Android device, you will see the player and video control options. To fast forward, rewind, or pause the video, use the player controls within the app. You can also click on a spot in the progress bar to fast forward or rewind.
- Note: When Chromecasting, you will not be able to use the player controls that appear on your Android device's lock screen. You would need to unlock your phone and use the controls within the app.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, tap the Chromecast icon within the player, and then tap the Stop Casting option that appears in the window that pops up.
Control captions when casting
Captions, if available, can be controlled directly within the player in the app when you are casting. They cannot be controlled on the TV screen.